Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Fighting for a CURE with Cupcakes!

This post is about something that is near & dear to my heart.  

In March 2010 my older sister, Donelle who also has cerebral palsy, was diagnosed with stage III breast cancer.  I wanted to help her fight this in any way that I knew how and so, in honor of my sister, I started Team Donelle for the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure.

 
The Susan G. Komen Foundation was started by Nancy G. Brinker in honor of her sister who died of breast cancer.

This is the second year Team Donelle is participating in the Triangle Race for the Cure!  Last year, with the help of Ladies Fitness & Wellness, we were able to raise over $2,000.00 in the fight against breast cancer!


I am proud to say that after a long year of surgery, chemo, radiation, and so many medications, my sister's cancer is in remission!
 
On Saturday, June 11, 2011 at Meredith College in Raleigh, NC we will walk or run in honor and in celebration of Donelle and all the many women fighting breast cancer.  

So far this year, we have raised $625.00!

I wanted to think of another way I could help raise money for our team and I came up with doing something else I love to do... baking!


This weekend I sold cupcakes to all the lovely ladies at Fitness & Wellness!  


I made pink velvet cake with raspberry buttercream, chocolate cake with Mocha buttercream, chocolate cake with cookies & cream buttercream, and vanilla cake with brown sugar buttercream!


After a tough workout, these ladies earned cupcakes, and raised money for breast cancer at the same time!


All proceeds went to benefit Team Donelle for Race for the Cure.

We raised over $275!!!


Thank you, ladies!

If you would like to join Team Donelle & walk, or run, or even do the SLEEP in for the Cure, or donate click HERE.


 (my personal favorite - chocolate & cookies & cream!)



No comments:

Post a Comment