Friday, February 18, 2011

Once You Pop... You Can't Stop!

Have you guys seen these things????  


Cake on a stick, dipped in chocolate!


Really, people.  Does it get much better than this?

Guess what! Wilton has a whole new line of stuff just for cake pops!



I did a Valentine's Day themed demo at Michaels to demonstrate their new line of cake pop stuff.


These things were so easy to do!  And so stinkin' cute!


I used a box mix for Red Velvet cake and followed the recipe Wilton has, not the one on the box.  For my frosting I used a can of cream cheese frosting.

I baked a 9x13" sheet cake.  Then after it cooled, I mushed it up with my hands into crumbs and mushed in 1 cup of frosting for the entire cake.  Ok, I added a little more until I liked the way it tasted consistency.


I had this adorable heart mold pan from Wilton and I pressed the "cake mush" into the molds, then left it in the fridge for a couple hours.




Then I dipped lollipop sticks into the melted candy melts and stuck them into the bottom of my chilled mini hearts.




I set them on wax paper on a cookie sheet and put them back in the fridge to set.
After about an hour or so, I got them back out & dipped them in different colors of melted candy melts.  Then decorated!


 To decorate them I used royal icing, fondant, sprinkles, and even these adorable eye balls from Wilton.
So many people stopped buy and asked about them.  They couldn't believe they were cake!

Tip:  I learned that its best to dip chilled cake pops into your melted candy melts instead of room temperature... they will fall of the stick from the heat of the candy melts. 

I think these things all started with this lovely lady... Bakerella
She also has a book with lots of adorable ideas!


What do you guys think of these cake pops?

 So adorable!  It's hard to eat some of them!


What other sweets on a stick have you seen?

 Brownies, cookies, don't forget candy/caramel apples!


What do you prefer cake, cupcakes, or cake pops?

 I am a cake fan.  Cupcakes are good, but as far as decorating, you can't decorate anything like you can a cake!





No comments:

Post a Comment